One of the most common cases that result in claims and compensation by passengers and for which the airlines must respond to is undoubtedly the suffering of a flight delay.
There are many conditions that may affect the ability to claim these types incidents. Things such as the distance of the flight or the time waited at the airport can impact and change the amount of compensation you are entitled to.
In any case, the company, as long as it causes the following delays:
- Delay of more than 2 hours for short distance.
- Delay of more than 4 hours for long distance.
- Delay of more than 3 hours for short distance.
- Delay of more than 3 hours for long distance.
Should offer the following options:
- Sufficient food and refreshments, depending on how long the wait was.
- Accommodation in the following situations :
- When it is necessary for the passenger to spend one or more nights.
- When it is necessary for the passenger to spend additional time than what was previously anticipated.
- Transportation between the airport and the place of accommodation (hotel or other).
In addition, airlines should offer passengers two phone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails free of charge.